If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace.” Ajahn Chah
Eckhart Tolle believes we create and maintain problems because they give us a sense of identity. Perhaps this explains why we often hold onto our pain far beyond its ability to serve us.
Letting go of what is not meant to be ……… and the idea of the dream in one’s mind ….. then seeing what is in front of us and accepting what is meant to be and doing the next right thing, even if it is having a little cry and a cup of tea. Sitting in silence or going for a walk or run or finding an understanding friend who will listen……
…… with tiny bits of inner joy until the pain has gone ……and happiness has resumed …….
In these moments I forget what makes me happy and gives me joy, also it is even harder to make a loving food to nourish my body with. Instead replaying my mistake over and over again in my head, allowing feelings of shame and regret to shape my actions in the present moment takes over.
It may sound simple, Ajahn Chah’s quote is true for me to let go of what hasn’t happened in 2014 and focus on a healthy Christmas with beautiful food and a few treats and fun. This is what I will be doing to shake these feelings off:
- Think of something new to learn next year
- Doing yoga and meditation and walking – building my transformational breathing practice
- Changing my perception to see the root cause as a blessing in disguise and accept the lesson. Asking myself do I want to feel like this again? Would could I do differently, when I start to feel that same feeling again? To hopefully stop this repeating pattern.
- Allowing myself to fully feel a painful emotions before I can, let go of emotional feeling.
- Small bites of acceptance with one positive action at a time like, completing a small task increases my sense of control and decreases the stress level. Tasks I want to archive in my life with little rewards. For me these can be a facial or doing some transformational breathing or learning a new recipe.
- Making a list of the things I have done that make me happy.
- Clean floors really shiny I love to at home.
Knowing there will always be time to practice accepting that all of this and every moment is a chance to let go and feel peaceful. Practice with these steps, they really work for me and I hope you may want to give them a try?
Disclaimer: I respect and support the creative minds behind each image, so every known author/artist will always be published. If however an image has no original source sited, it is only because it was either sent to me or went viral online. If you are the source or you know the source for any of the above, please leave a comment below and I’ll link your creation back to you!